Wednesday, February 25, 2009

FlaDotNet

It's been two years since I last participated in any kind of user group meeting. I felt a bit ashamed since I was always involved in the different communities in Brazil, Tampa, and Indiana. The answer to my desire of giving back to the community came by email. More specifically, an email from Dave Noderer(MVP). Dave manages the Florida .NET user groups in Miramar, Fort Lauderdale and West Palm. He was asking for volunteers to help line up speakers. The email could not have come in a better time. I contacted Dave and after some emails exchange I joined the excellent team at FlaDotNet.

I attended my first meeting last night in West Palm, a 90 minute drive from work. There I met Morgan Baker, the West Palm group leader, and Vishal Shukla, the speaker for the event.

Vishal showed a great enthusiasm while talking about Azure and SDS (SQL Data Services) that I could not wait to get home and download the Public CTP. Needless to say I played with the new toy until it was time to work this morning.

I am very excited with the Florida .NET groups. So much so that I will be presenting a session on Virtual Earth development on March 3rd in Fort Lauderdale at 6:30 PM. During the session I will share some of the challenges and solutions I found along the course of building location based applications for Blue Dasher Technologies. I will also demonstrate some solutions my team has built and show how we did it. I will also make my toolbox of VE related items available to the general public. To register for the event go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment